Davits & Needles
Davit and needles systems are used to tie off workers who are suspended below a surface, or over the side of a structure. Lightweight and typically constructed from aluminium, davits provide a simple solution to areas where space is restricted or projection is needed for the worker to be clear of structure, parapets, sharp edges or non-structural facades. Davits can be used for raising and lowering the worker to an area below the unit, or as an abseil attachment point so that davit projects the ropes out into clear working space.
- Ideal for rope access situations on high rise buildings and manufacturing plants
- Required for raising and lowering of suspended working platform/swing cages
- Davit arm retrieval systems are an essential part of a confined space access or rescue plan.
- Commonly used by Emergency Response Units for rescue in confined spaces and include winches and retractable devices.
- Depending on the work type for confined space, davits can be permanently fixed/mounted, moveable configuration, or fully mobile types.
- Rope access/abseil davits/needles are likely to include anchor points which the worker will tie off ropes
- Some applications suit multiple davit bases permanently mounted on the site and workers move the Davit riser/arm unit from base to base.
- Davits/needles can be attached to rail systems such as Roofsafe Rail to enable them to be positioned freely to suit along the rail.
A wide range of Davit arms and designs are available- with many variations and constraints around structures and work types, many Davits are individually engineered for purpose. Talk to PBI today to discuss your requirements.