EN14052:2005 High performance safety helmet PAS 028:2002 Marine safety helmet FS/1 Quad & ATV helmet EN1384 Equestrian helmet EN352-3:1997 Hearing protection EN166:2002 Industrial eye protection EN12492 Working at height / Mountaineering EN397 (Flame Resistance) NFPA1951:2007 Protective ensembles for technical rescue NFPA1952:2010 Surface Water...Find out more
EN 397 An innovative industrial ABS Helmet designed to offer maximum versatility and comfort. Includes integrated, high quality ear protectors and protective visor. Fitted with Rockman Class 5 Ear Protectors, EN 352-3 Rockman Protective Visor,...Find out more
AS/NZS 1891.1:2007, CE. EN 361 General purpose harness with front and back attachment points. Fully adjustable with standard buckles. Dorsal extension. Karabiner provided with front attachment loops. Suitable for general tradesperson, construction workers, roofing, vertical...Find out more
global innovation, local knowledge. let's talk height safety.
Providing efficient, innovative height safety solutions that make economic sense.
Mission & Vision
To make it effortless to be sale and stay protected in challenging environments, with a vision to make the safety of ourselves, and others, an instinctive culture.
Who is PBI?
PBI Height Safety is the expert national provider of Worksafe compliant solutions, giving the certainty of a zero harm environment for all work activities at height. Global innovation; local knowledge; strength, integrity and safety- these are values that with the technical expertise of our qualified team, to ensure total confidence and compliance for working at height.
We are a family owned company. As NZ's market leader for total fall protection and height safety consulting, PBI Height Safety Ltd enjoys a reputation for solving height safety equipment issues which are second to none. For leading innovation, specification, installation and distribution of engineered proprietary safety systems, anchors, abseil systems, confined space equipment, accessways and PPE equipment, PBI Height Safety stands for rigid compliance to relevant safety codes; backed by an experienced company which is proudly 100% New Zealand owned and operated.
PBI Height Safety Ltd is the only company in NZ that specialises totall in the supply of height safety, abseil and fall protection solutions, with a dedicated focus of 'creating a zero harm environment for the fall protection industry'. Safety is our concern, creating peace of mind for the buidling professionals, owners and employers whilst ensuring that workers can comfortably and efficiently do their job without compromising safety. Engaging with architects, designers, specifiers, property managers, quantity surveyors, building owners and business owners, PBI supplies every project with a compliant safety solution that protects the worker, the public and the person conducting a business undertaking (PCBU). Totally kiwi owned and operated, our growth and expansion has positioned PBI as NZ's leading fall protection equipment specialist in an industry dominated in NZ by international companies.
Experts in the market and offering the complete package of certified height safety equipment, our professional service starts with an initial consultancy through to supply and installation of the innovative, engineered and fully certified safety systems, complete with training. Keeping current with high quality safety technology from around the globe is a priority, all of our products are fully compliant with relevant NZ safety guidelines including the following;- Industrial Fall Arrest Systems & Devices AS/NZS1891 Parts 1 to 4, Manufacturing Requirements for Single Point Anchor Devices AS/NZS 5532:2013, Portable Ladders AS/NZS1892, Industrial Rope Access Systems AS/NZS 4488.1-2, Fixed Platforms, Walkways and Ladders AS/NZS 1657:1992 & AS 1657:2013, Confined Space AS/NZS 2865:2001 and current Worksafe/government legislation.
The comprehensive range of services provided by PBI Height Safety include consultancy, risk assessment, ensuring fall protection (fall arrest, fall restraint, abseil and confined space), product specification and layout, plan markups, project management for installation of height safety systems, engineering design for difficult and unique situations, warmroof installations, custom fabrications, system installations, IQP testing and certification, Producer Statements (PS1, PS3 and PS4) issue and sign off. The full service solutions is completed with training employees in the use of the specialist systems, and the ongoing inspection, re-certification and maintenance to AS/NZS 1891.4. A vast product range is stocked, including fixed line systems both horizontal (cable, rail and overhead) and vertical, safety harnesses, fall arrest harnesses, abseil harnesses, anchor points, abseil gear, static ropes, professional helmets, accessways, evacuation & rescue equipment, energy absorbing lanyards, connectors, fall arresters and self retracting lifelines. PBI now also offers the revolutionary Cygnus wireless alarm systems for fire, first aid and smoke detection on building sites and temporary buildings and exhibitions/events.
PBI Height Safety commenced business in the late 1990’s specialising in a height safety equipment range including full body harnesses, lanyards and associated PPE equipment. Since 2001, PBI's services have included the supply, installation and certification of permanent horizontal and vertical safety life line systems, anchor points and accessways. With PBI’s extensive range of products we can guarantee a permanent life line system that meets your budget, design needs and architectural requirements- both on new or existing structures. Along with this we can provide the correct PPE through our nationwide distribution channels, for a complete ‘total height access solution'.
PBI supply the best international and local brands; 3M, Capital Safety, DBI Sala, Protecta, Roofsafe, Uniline, UniRail, Evolution, Zero, Apex, CAMP Industry Safety, CAMP Sport, Skylotec, Innova Xtirpa, Petzl, Highstep, Monkeytoe, Actsafe, Rigid Lifelines, SafetyNAction, Vertical Horizonz.
Continuing our growth & expansion as NZ's leading height safety specialist, we welcome all existing & prospective clients. Take care.
Guidance for height safety systems on buildings that may be affected by the recent earthquakes throughout the upper South Island and lower North Island
The following applies to the following fall protection and Abseil safety systems;
- Horizontal & Vertical Cable Safety Lines
- Fall Arrest / Abseil Track & Rail Safety Systems
- Fixed Ladder Climbing Systems
- Surface Mounted Fall Arrest Anchors
- Structural Mounted Fall Arrest / Abseil Anchors
- Chemset & Friction Mounted Fall Arrest / Abseil Anchors
Concrete mounted anchors
1. If your building has anchors (Chemical Set or Mechanical Friction) fixed to concrete, We ask you to STOP using the anchor immediately and prevent any future access until it has been inspected and re-certified by either one of our team or an accredited re-certification consultant. We have been in consultation with our key manufactures and with guidance from New Zealand’s Best Practice Guidelines it is our strongest recommendation that immediate action is taken to prevent any use of your anchor points until they can be load tested and re-certified as safe to use as per AS/NZS 1891.4:2009 Standards and Industrial Rope Access in New Zealand Best Practice Guidelines. The guidelines outline the risk to anchors fixed to structurally damaged buildings caused by seismic and other major events.
2. Please call the PBI Re-Certification Team to re-schedule your next re-certification as soon as possible. As you may expect there will be a high demand for buildings to have their rail and cable systems re-certified which will take some time to complete. We can assure we are making provisions to cater for the demand.
Rail and cable fall protection systems
1. If your building is fitted with fixed rail or cable fall protection systems and you are aware of any structural damage to the building we also recommend you STOP using the system and prevent any further access to it until it can be re-certificated. If you have a 3M Fall Protection (Capital Safety) safety system recertification can only been carried out by an accredited re-certification consultant as recommended by the manufacturer.
2. If there are no immediate signs of structural damage to your building and is safe to do so, you may wish to carry out a visual inspection of your system. Please access the system by the same means you usually would and ensure you have the correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Before connecting to the system, check first for any signs of bending of rails or sagging of cables. This could indicate that and anchor post has activated and must be immediately decommissioned. Please contact me to arrange an inspection in the system.
3. If you believe the building and the rail or cable system does not show any signs of damage then you may connect to the system and proceed with caution to conduct a more thorough inspection.
4. If you choose not to carry out an inspection of the rail or cable system you may choose to have an engineer carry out an inspection for you to ascertain if there is any potential damage. Note: An engineer can only advise on the condition of the system. All maintenance must be carried out by an accredited re-certification consultant as outlined in the AS/NZS 1891.1-4 Standards.
5. For complete assurance we recommend you contact the PBI Re-Certification team to discuss the best course of action.
Given the unpredictability of recent events, it is a timely reminder to make sure we have our rescue plans and equipment in place. As we found in Christchurch from the 2010-11 earthquakes you can never be too prepared.
Product Safety Recall
DBI-SALA Lad-Saf™ Sleeve
Affected part numbers: 6100016, 6116500, 6116501, 6116502, 6116503, 6116504, 6116505, 6116506, 6116507, 6116509, 6116512, 6116535, 6116540, 6116541, 6116542, 6116500C, 6116500SM, 6116507/A, 6116540b, L3330, L3330-WEB-38, L3330-WEB-45, 6116540-45, Z4A-L3330-45, Z4A-L3330, L3330-N-EDI
Date range for sale:
1995 – 30 September 2016
The Lad-Saf sleeve has potential to be misused under scenarios which include interference with the braking mechanism (such as entanglement with cords, lanyards, clothing or other materials, or grasping the sleeve prior to or during a fall), or the user attaching the sleeve upside down (user inversion). No safety regulator has made a finding that the design of the Lad-Saf sleeve has caused injury or death in the ordinary or proper use of the product.
Although our review did not reveal product hazard or risk scenarios that would arise in the ordinary and proper use of the product, it did reveal potential misuse scenarios that could result in serious injury or death. What to do:
1. Immediately stop using and quarantine all original Lad-Saf sleeves.
2. Contact PBI Height Safety to arrange return of units and discuss the replacement of your returned units with an X3+ sleeve, depending on your needs, at no cost to you. If you do not wish to receive a replacement X3+ sleeve, your place of purchase will offer you a refund.
PBI Height Safety Ltd
Ph +64 3 357 0093
Freephone 0800 357 003